West Jesmond Home School
How will my child’s learning be supported at home?
The West Jesmond Home School
During the time of closure the majority of our children will be learning remotely from home. We will be using Tapestry in EYFS and Seesaw for Years 1-6 to deliver our daily teaching.
Our daily structure:
- Look out for a morning message from Mr Ward and/or the Senior Leadership Team on Twitter and Facebook
- 9am: A Good Morning message either from your child’s class teacher or a teacher in their year group
- Morning: First session English and second session Maths
- Afternoon: Wider curriculum areas including science, humanities and PE.
- 3pm End of the day message, feedback and class story.
During the day we will be feeding back to children, uploading short teaching sessions and adding some additional input.
What happens if I am unable to work at the times set out?
We know how hard it is for families who are juggling the many demands of work and family life. By having videos rather than live lessons available you will be able to access the work with your child at the time that suits you. We hope and expect our families to follow as much of the learning as possible, but we know this will not always be possible and we will be grateful for all the support you are able to give to your child. Remember we are there to help you and if you have any questions about your child’s learning please ask the class teacher.
What do I do if I don’t have access to the work at home?
We have a limited number of devices that we can loan to families without access to the Tapestry and SEESAW at home. Please contact the school office. Priority will be given first to those children eligible for Free School Meals
Key Workers and Vulnerable Children
School will be open for children classed as vulnerable and for children of Key workers who have no childcare options.
We will miss you all so much over the next period and we wish the very best for every one of you. We will be there for you by phone or email if there is anything we can do to help.
Remember; please phone the school at any time if you feel isolated, worried and vulnerable or have any suggestions and questions about Home School learning.
We look forward to seeing all the West Jesmond Family back together soon, united, happy and strong!
Matt Ward (Headteacher)
- West Jesmond Remote Learning Information for Parents
- Ofsted Guidance on remote learning
- 7.1.20 Home-Learning Letter to Parents.pdf