Overview & Planning
We have provided weekly plans to help structure your home learning. Feel free to pick and choose from the suggested activities and the resources provided below.
We have also given overviews of subjects so you know what we were covering and some of the outcomes we were aiming for.
A Home Learning Book has been provided to your child for any written work, if you have not received one due to self-isolation then any lined paper or book will suffice.
Also underneath is an example of a Y3 timetable - we would strongly suggest completing any Maths or English work in the mornings, and leaving afternoon time available for activities connected to Science, Humanities etc.
There are lots of longer writing opportunities laid out in the weekly plans above so we have provided a selevtion of activities to support your child's reading, comprehension and writing skills.
Attached below is an overview of our English teaching in Y3 and what outcomes we were planning for our units.
We have also given a list of online resources (including logins) to support your learning and would especially recommend using Epic, where we have provided each child with a collection of texts with comprehension quizzes.
N.B. At the moment Epic can only be used during school hours so it is best used through the day.
Reading Comprehension Tasks:
In Science we have been looking at Animals and Humans and our next two topics were to be Forces (specifically Magnets) and Plants.
You will find lots of Scientific activities to do in the garden in our weekly plans at the top of the page, and we have also provided a collection of books on Magnets and Forces on Epic to read.
Any further experiments or research your child would like to do on these topics would be fantastic and we'd love to see pictures or videos when we are back at school!
We have attached some Marvin & Milo experiment ideas below, as well as some more scientific activities.
In Humanities we have been exploring the Mediterranean and the end outcome was to be a travel leaflet/brochure comparing the UK to a chosen destination in the Med. We have included a few activities in the weekly plans to link to the Med as well.
Our next few topics were going to be Railways and Our Local Area and we have included plenty of activities centred around these on the weekly plans at the top of the page.
Any further research or work your child would like to do connected to these topics would be more than welcome and make sure to record it somehow (photos/videos/posters)!
There are plenty of art/design/craft activities in the weekly plans at the top of the page but we have attached a few extra ideas below.
In Maths we are about to move onto Fractions after finishing our Measuring unit.
We have attached the full Fractions unit in lesson order so we suggest you approach it in the same order and not move on until the understanding is there.
We have also included Times Tables challenges, as well as recap activities to go alongside Fractions.
It is important to portray the Maths using an array of representations to really aid understanding so don't be afraid to use physical resources, pictures or other ideas to help the learning.
Review of Previous Learning:
Unit & Non-Unit Fractions:
- Y3 Unit & Non-Unit Fraction Worksheet
- Y3 Unit & Non-Unit Fractions Worksheet on PPT
- Y3 Unit & Non-Unit Fractions Worksheet Answers
Making the Whole:
- Y3 Making the Whole Worksheet
- Y3 Making the Whole Worksheet on PPT
- Y3 Making the Whole Worksheet Answers
Tenths as Decimals:
- Y3 Tenths as Decimals Worksheet Answers
- Y3 Tenths as Decimals Worksheet on PPT
- Y3 Tenths as Decimals Worksheet
Count in Tenths:
- Y3 Count in Tenths Worksheet
- Y3 Count in Tenths Worksheet on PPT
- Y3 Count in Tenths Worksheet Answers
Fractions on a Number Line:
- Y3 Fractions on a Number Line Worksheet
- Y3 Fractions on a Number Line Worksheet on PPT
- Y3 Fractions on a Number Line Worksheet Answers
Fractions of a Set of Objects:
- Y3 Fractions of a Set of Objects Worksheet (1)
- Y3 Fractions of a Set of Objects Worksheet (2)
- Y3 Fractions of a Set of Objects Worksheet (3)
- Y3 Fractions of a Set of Objects Worksheet on PPT (1)
- Y3 Fractions of a Set of Objects Worksheet on PPT (2)
- Y3 Fractions of a Set of Objects Worksheet on PPT (3)
- Y3 Fractions of a Set of Objects Worksheet Answers (1)
- Y3 Fractions of a Set of Objects Worksheet Answers (2)
- Y3 Fractions of a Set of Objects Worksheet Answers (3)
- Y3 Equivalent Fractions Worksheet (1)
- Y3 Equivalent Fractions Worksheet (2)
- Y3 Equivalent Fractions Worksheet (3)
- Y3 Equivalent Fractions Worksheet Answers (1)
- Y3 Equivalent Fractions Worksheet Answers (2)
- Y3 Equivalent Fractions Worksheet Answers (3)