Includes videos and a comprehensive list of resources to cover all aspects of the primary curriculum.
Maths is fun
This site is a great tool to revise and look at a range of mathematical concepts in great detail from geometry to fractions.
You can find a number of daily key skills games on the website below to cover times tables, decimals and more.
- Science 1 Glass Bottle Orchestra experiment.doc
- Science 2 Marvin and Milo experiment 1.doc
- Science 3 Marvin and Milo experiment 2.doc
- Week 4 Lesson 1 Correspondence problems 2019.pdf
- Week 4 Lesson 2 Perimeter of a rectangle 2019.pdf
- Week 4 Lesson 3 Perimeter of rectilinear shapes 2019.pdf
- Week 4 Lesson 4 Counting squares 2019.pdf
- Week 5 Lesson 1 - Recognise tenths and hundredths 2019.pdf
- Week 5 Lesson 2 - Equivalent fractions (1) 2019.pdf
- Week 5 Lesson 3 - Equivalent fractions (2) 2019.pdf
- Week 5 Lesson 4 - Fractions greater than 1 2019.pdf
- Week 6 Lesson 1 - Add 2 or more fractions 2019.pdf
- Week 6 Lesson 2 - Subtract 2 fractions 2019.pdf
- Week 6 Lesson 3 - Fractions of a quantity 2019.pdf
- Week 6 Lesson 4 - Calculate quantities 2019.pdf
Spelling, punctuation and grammar
The children should complete one of the grammar tasks below each week. Please read the instructions for each question carefully as we have given some clues to go with some of the questions.
We would like you to keep working on the list 'Reading Journal' activities we sent before Easter. Please try to complete one of these tasks each day. The children can use a school graded reader, or a book from home. These tasks should be competed in your child's exercise book.
Continue to read a range of fiction and non-fiction books with your child. Suggested questions to help deepen your child's understanding of their books can be found on pages 100-101 of their 'Home School Reading Record'.
We have set the children a number of books to read related to our topics on Get Epic. This digital library is free to use during school hours and the children should read 1-2 books each week. Most books come with a quiz that should be completed after the books have been read carefully.
Get Epic can be accessed via this link or through the Get Epic app.
The children should select students and then log in using their class code.
Writing & Spelling
A focussed writing task is attached below. The file called Y4 Unit features a series of activities based around a story called "The King of the Fishes". The booklet guides you through the process of planning and writing a story. Please work through the tasks at your own speed.
Weekly spelling lists are provided for each week. Please practise these words daily ensuring the children are aware of any spelling patterns and are able to explain meanings of the words and can use them in a sentence.
Additional daily writing tasks can be found at:
Please use the picture for inspiration for writing and answer the questions provided on the website.
The National Literacy Trust have a fantastic range of ideas and activities. These include reading and writing tasks along with access to videos, audiobooks and other resources.
- Summer week 1 SPaG task.doc
- Summer week 2 SPaG task.doc
- Summer week 3 SpaG task.doc
- Summer week 4 SPaG task.doc