Mr Glen Hopkins
This is my fifth year of teaching at West Jesmond and my first year of teaching in Year 4. West Jesmond is where I was a student teacher in Year 4 and I am looking forward to returning to the yeargroup. I particularly enjoy teaching P.E. and in my spare time I play a lot of sport with friends.
Mr Tim Cook
I'm happy to be working in Year 4 again this year and welcoming a new year group back to school after lockdown. This year I'm helping to develop outdoor learning opportunites across KS2 with particular focus on introducing to children to gardening and learning where our food comes from. I'm a keen cyclist and I enjoy helping children learn about the joys of running!
Miss Alex MacKellar
This is my fourth year of teaching at West Jesmond and I am thrilled to return to the Year 4 team after spending the last two years in Reception. I enjoy teaching lots of different subjects, particularly Humanities and Science. I currently work alongside Mr Jones to lead Science across the school. I love to read and hope to inspire a passion for reading with my new class.
- PE - Our day for PE is currently THURSDAY. On this day the children should come in to school in their full kit.
- Homework - Each Wednesday the children are set homework which will be due in the following Monday. We will use SeeSaw to set this work and it will be linked to the learning that the children have done in school that week.
- Spellings - Spellings will be given on a Friday on SeeSaw for a test the following Friday.
- Reading Books - Home reading books will be changed on a Friday. Reading Diaries and reading books should come to school everyday but children will only receive a new book on a Friday.
- Times Tables - Children should make regular use of Times Tables Rockstars at home using the login in their Reading Diary to practise their times tables.