Mr Ben Collier
This is my second year at West Jesmond and in Year 3. I completed my NQT year in unusual circumstances last year so it is good to be back in school proper. I really enjoy teaching, especially the Humanities topics, and I always aim to foster a love of reading in the classroom. I enjoy all sports, and I am a keen historian.
Mrs Cath Laidler
I have taught in West Jesmond for a number of years both in KS1 and KS2. I am particularly passionate about children understanding and appreciating the importance of a healthy lifestyle and am collaborating with Mr Rimmer to promote this aspect of DT. I am looking forward to a happy and productive year working with the children.
Mrs Carrie Young
I have been teaching at West Jesmond for 19 years. Throughout that time, I had several different roles. I love teaching, especially English, PSHE and PE. I enjoy spending time reading and getting lost in a gripping story, I am hoping to pass on my passion and love of reading to my pupils.
- Our PE day is Monday, please ensure your child comes to school dressed in their PE kit
- Due to the current situation we are encouraging our pupils to get outside as much as possible so please make sure they have suitable clothing with them, particularly a waterpoof coat during the winter months.
- We will be setting Homework on Wednesdays. This will consist of a Seesaw task and a Mathletics/Times Tables Rockstars activity. These will be due the following Monday. Times Tables Rockstars should be an ongoing activity throughout the year to really embed their Times Tables facts
- Spellings will be given out on a Monday (both in the home reading record and Seesaw) for a test on the Friday.
- Reading books will be changed weekly on Mondays. Please sign the diaries to show that you have read with your child.